Attributes in build specification items

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Oct 25 08:34:55 UTC 2019

Hello,

for the new build system the specification what to build is contained in
so called build specification items. The items are files in YAML format
and are maintained by Doorstop and a text editor. For example a build
specification item for an integer configuration option could look like:

active: true
build-type: integer-option
default: 100000000
default-by-variant:
- value: 333333333
   variant: xilinx_zynq_zc702
- value: 666666667
   variant: xilinx_zynq_zedboard
derived: false
header: ''
level: 1.5
links: []
name: BSP_ARM_A9MPCORE_PERIPHCLK
normative: true
ref: ''
reviewed: cKwFFKjf_aPPFZe7fKyxBqYcAqdvU2A0yQaBdhbONQ8=
text: |
   ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore PERIPHCLK clock frequency in Hz
type: build

How do we want to handle optional attributes (e.g. min)? Should we
mandate that they are always present in the item file, e.g.

min: null

or should it be able to omit them and use default values in the wscript,
e.g.

min = self.data.get("min", None)
if min not None:
	if value < min: