MrsP Testbed

Ricardo Gomes (1161078) 1161078 at isep.ipp.pt
Wed Sep 4 13:52:48 UTC 2019

Greetings,

During the last six months, I have been studying RTEMS as part of my final project to complete my degree, more specifically analysing the MrsP protocol in order to perform an evaluation of its implementation on RTEMS.

In order to accomplish this analysis, I developed a set of samples that allows one to test several properties of MrsP, based its own rules, as described in [1],  including the use of nested resources, presented in [2]. Beyond that, I have also adapted those test cases, using OMIP instead of MrsP, in order to establish comparisons between both protocols.

So far the set of develop test cases were executed using QEMU, as up to now I’m not able to execute SMP code in a Raspberry PI 2 (I will address this topic with more detail later on another thread).

I wanted to know if:

1- there is any interest from the community for me to submit these tests to the RTEMS repository, or at least the ones considered relevant

2- In case the answer to 1 is affirmative, If I should create a new ticket and submit the test cases as individual patches.

Thank you for your attention.

Best Regards,

Ricardo Gomes

P.S. After I complete my final report I can make it available if someone is interested.