RTEMS qualification and code annotations

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Sep 12 01:55:48 UTC 2019

On 12/9/19 2:45 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 7:59 AM Andrew Butterfield
> <Andrew.Butterfield at scss.tcd.ie> wrote:
>>>   - Upstream Project not dead
>>
>> Frama-C is still actively maintained and upgraded.
>>
>>>   - Wide Host Support
>>>      - On other cases, have accepted that not all hosts can run the tool
>>
>> I have installed it on Debian and OS/X. It claims availability for Linux, OS X and Windows
>
> With that as a base, perhaps FreeBSD isn't so far off. Just a matter
> of interacting with them.

The key issue I tripped over was a explosion of packages on FreeBSD that seemed
to be GUI related. This is not directly related to Frama-C, it is an ocaml
package Frama-C uses that does this. If the command line tool could be built
without needing that dependency that would be great however the configure option
--disable-gui does not disable the check for the ocaml graphic package. I did
not have time to investigate this further and if this is simply a matter of
moving the check in the configure script.

On a desktop or development machine these extra packages are not as big an issue
however on locked down server type systems such as our CI system it is more of
an issue.