Add chapter for newib build in RTEMS Docs

Vaibhav Gupta vaibhavgupta40 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 15:37:11 UTC 2019

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 4:12 AM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 2:09 PM Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Vaibhav,
> >
> > It would be nice to provide such documentation, but I don't know that
> > we have an existing location that would be an ideal fit. I think the
> > topic is out of scope for User Manual. If you are motivated to write
> > something though, you could prepare it first as a standalone guide.

Standalone guide sounds good because I am also confused which manual will
be the ideal fit.

> If we have a name for the document like "Maintainers Guide" or something,
> it could have a focus on procedures that only core developers would need.
>
> + bootstrapping newlib and building it independently
> + modifying gcc, running tests,
> + submitting Coverity runs
> + running Doxygen
> + ...
>
> Yes, for now I have not much content as other docs are having. But the
content
I proposed are important ones.
It will save enough time of future developers.
And I am sure that content will be generated with development of newlib,
other third party libraries, and RTEMS.

- Vaibhav