Run Time linker and relocation of multiple local labels

jameszxj jameszxj at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 07:10:15 UTC 2019

Hi,
   About issue #3740, I think maybe I found the cause of loading failed.
   In file libdl/rtl-elf.c line159-166, it says "STT_NOTYPE the symbol references a global symbol", But from arm-rtems-readelf information, local symbol .LC0 ...is STT_NOTYPE.  And the of document IHI0044E_aaelf.pdf 4.5.2  describe

 So I change STT_NOTYPE to STT_FUNC. It runs OK on my z7000 board, and I try it in my project(origial use RAP foramt),
it still work.

 About why PowerPC works, I analysed the ELF file compile by vxworks(I do not have ppc-rtems compiler on my computer), I found that PPC ELF use
RELA to relocated, not REL . But I am not sure if it is the same as powerpc rtems.

 The patch works on my project, but I think it needs more tests.