Help on Newlib x86_64 fenv.h

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Sep 25 22:12:28 UTC 2019

Hi

Attached is the script from Jeff Johnson I have been using to
bootstrap newlib. It needs localizing for the paths.

I posted patches to add i386 and x86_64 fenv.h support. They are
attached. The i386 builds and runs fine. I can't get newlib
bootstrapped where it will descend into the directory. The files
configure.host and libm/machine/configure.in have architecture
specific magic and I got that.

You must use automake 1.11.6 and automake 2.68 to bootstrap.

Help is appreciated so I can move forward to fenv.h support for other
architectures and i386 long double math.

I expect this is something simple I am missing but I have stuck here
over a week.

Thanks.

--joel