rtems-bsp-builder Job Load Calculation

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Apr 3 20:57:14 UTC 2020

Hi

How does rtems-bsp-builder calculate the amount of parallelism to use?

I ask because I have realized that I selected jobs=6/12 on a very beefy
machine with 12 cores and 32 GB RAM. The main test machine I use is 8
cores/32 GB RAM. But the slowest ones are old with 4 cores/4 GB RAM. They
are hitting the swap space. All have SSDs.

Should I drop the --jobs parameter? Will the script select a decent load
automatically? The machines are essentially dedicated to testing.

Thanks.

--joel