RTEMS Timeline Update and 25th Anniversary of First Public Commit

Christian Mauderer christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Tue Apr 14 06:47:12 UTC 2020

Hello Joel,

On 07/04/2020 22:44, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi
>
> The RTEMS Project is rapidly approaching a major milestone -- the 25th
> anniversary of the oldest commit in the git repository! That occurs on 4
> May 2020!
>
> Before that time, the source code was managed on an internal research
> project repository and snapshots/releases made available via ftp. I know
> I started with the project in July 1989 and was coding nearly from the
> first day.
>
> With this in mind, the https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/History/Timeline is
> sorely out of date and lacking missing entries. Multiple mission
> launches, addition of SMP, GSoC, GCI, and SOCIC participation, move to
> OSU OSL, incorporation of RTEMS Foundation, scientific discoveries like
> the particle discovered by an Atlas detector at CERN or the famous gamma
> ray burst from Fermi. All are missing.
>
> Please pitch in and help. If you want to help but don't have any ideas,
> just post back and I will try to follow up with ideas that someone else
> can put a date on.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --joel

I added some small stuff (start of SMP work, main work, release numbers)
based on the git history (see
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/History/Timeline?action=diff&version=27&old_version=25).

Although I'm terribly bad with dates: You said you would try to follow
up with ideas. If you have any where I might could help, please let me know.

Best regards

Christian
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Christian Mauderer