Pre-Qualified RTEMS Build

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Apr 17 14:24:33 UTC 2020

On 17/04/2020 16:15, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> I anticipate that we will switch to your new build system after 5.x is
> released but that is a community discussion and decision.
Once the RTEMS 5 release is done, I will write some more stuff about it.
I found some general issues while working with specification items and
Doorstop.

> Can you quickly remind us all what is needed so a source file can be
> considered pre-qualified? Are all of required artifacts and
> requirements traceability (e.g. requirements coverage) generated?
>
> Is there any code coverage as part of this?
>
> No complaints. I just want to make sure I understand and it is clear
> to others.

What I have now, is just a set of files which is necessary to provide
the space profile functionality. The task is now to pre-qualify these
files. There are a lot of details unclear, for example:

https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2020-April/059446.html

We need a test runner with code coverage support. Test plans and
reports. The Interface Control Document and the Software Requirements
Specification. In general, I am very happy about the specification based
on YAML files which build a directed acyclic graph, this needs to be
fleshed out now.