Testing Newlib patches

Aditya Upadhyay aadit0402 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 03:44:13 UTC 2020

Hi Eshan,

Add your code to Newlib-cygwin and build it without any error or warning on
perspective Architecture.

If build is successful, generate a patch and add that patch to RSB then
build RSB again. After building you should be able to see the headers
somewhere in include directory. Probably it should be available in
respective architecture RTEMS target in Include directory.

Make testsuite of added functionality in testsuite perspective path.

While testing the code or debugging the code, set breakpoint on functions
what you have ported. If you are not sure about debugging information you
can use different cross tools like ***-rtems*-objdump/readelf/gdb. These
tools will help you to find the debugging symbols.

Vaibhav has summarised a post on that. I guess you have already looked into
that.

While sending the patch to newlib mailing list, make sure you have followed
all the coding conventions and rules.

Thanks,
Aditya Upadhyay