Release task request for help

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Apr 28 01:38:06 UTC 2020

On 28/4/20 11:08 am, Niteesh G. S. wrote:
> Sounds good. But what is the difference between an RTEMS-package
> and repo? Aren't they the same?

I suggest we have a repos variables initialised with the packages. A
repo may not be a package, e.g. the releases repo is captured in the
contrib tree and not as a package of source for RTEMS but it needs to be
branched and tagged.

We want to be able to run a simple commands to produce and manage the
release. We need to be able to trace from a release back from a release
through the sources we use to the repos and from there to the history.
We also want a release to be singular, that is cloning a repo and
building something can be seen to be different to a release.