unused static functions

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Tue Aug 4 16:12:20 UTC 2020

Hello Aschref Ben thabet,

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 6:35 AM Aschref Ben-Thabet
<aschref.ben-thabet at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> Dear RTEMS developers Team,
> i am a new member focusing now on fixing the GCC10 warnings Compiler.this last has told that these both functions are declared but not used.
> In /rtems/testsuites/libtests/dl10/dl-load.c,the test file includes this both functions without further use. that can generate a warning like Wunused-function.
> can you tell me please for which issue are these static functions in this test file declared, and when they have any effect in the test, is it helpful to erase them (it fixes the warning)?

I think these functions are just copied from other dltests. Chris
Johns may comment on their elimination.

You would want to look at the purpose of the test, and how similar
tests are structured. Was it a mistake not to call these functions? Or
are they not needed for this test?

> static void dl_close (void* handle)
> {
> int r;
> printf ("handle: %p closing\n", handle);
> r = dlclose (handle);
> if (r != 0)
> printf("dlclose failed: %s\n", dlerror()) ;
> rtems_test_assert (r == 0);
> }
> static int dl_call (void* handle, const char* func)
> {
> call_sig call = dlsym (handle, func);
> if (call == NULL)
> {
> printf("dlsym failed: symbol not found: %s\n", func);
> return 1;
> }
> call ();
> return 0;
> }

It may be helpful to avoid html markup in mailing lists. We don't
filter it out, but some mailing lists (and clients) may.