Explanation about the high level design choices of Strong APA

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu Aug 6 14:42:21 UTC 2020

Thanks for the detailed write-up. My only concern with your choice is
whether these two function pointers, get_highest_ready and
get_lowest_ready, will get called along other paths when there hasn't
been a task arrival/departure? This shouldn't cause a correctness
problem, but it may cause a performance problem.

 A bit relatedly, are there other task arrivals/departures that you
should understand to make sure you are covering things completely? Do
they all traverse the Scheduler_Unblock/Scheduler_Block? If not, then
it would be a correctness problem.

Gedare