Pale color for definition terms at docs.rtems.org

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sat Aug 8 01:59:27 UTC 2020

On 8/8/20 12:27 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Please make sure all foreground/background color combinations meet the web
> accessibility guidelines:
>
> https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/
>
> That site has a form to put the numbers in and calculates the contrast ratio.
> There is an explanation below of what the minimum ratio should be.

I suggest you raise a ticket and set it to 'requires funding'. It would be good
to capture this information.

> We would need to discuss this but should we have some guidelines in our
> engineering guide addressing things like this?

Who will do this work to make it happen? Is adding the requirement then having
nothing happening better than not adding it until we have the basics sorted so
we can all build on it?

> I don't claim to be an expert on
> accessibility issues but do know about the contrast and alt tags being
> important. We tend to be text heavy so a screen reader shouldn't be challenged
> by us relying on graphics.

It would be great to have this supported so thank you for raising it but given I
am the only one who has ever done any of this it is low on my unfunded list of
tasks.