Node vs Threads in scheduling

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Aug 18 11:59:25 UTC 2020

On 17/08/2020 14:35, Richi Dubey wrote:

> Also, can someone please explain how the thread could in the ready
> state while the node is in a scheduled state in this
> <https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/cpukit/include/rtems/score/schedulersmpimpl.h#n1517>
> conditional block ?

The MrsP locking protocol performs busy waiting will a thread is
blocked. The busy waiting is carried out by idle threads.

In the referenced conditional block, the thread is ready to execute
again and its scheduler node is scheduled. In this case, it uses an idle
thread to perform the busy wait. So, we have to get rid of the idle
thread and use the node for its own thread.