[GSoC 2020]: Need help in writing sed alternative in Python for RSB recipes

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Aug 26 00:31:40 UTC 2020

On 26/8/20 8:48 am, Mritunjay Sharma wrote:
> First of all, Apologies for the little delay in response. I was actually a
> little stuck with assignments in classes.

Thanks for letting us know. You will need to make up the lost time somehow.

> There's one problem although,  while building using:
> `./source-builder/sb-set-builder --with-rtems-bsp="xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu"
> --log=log_epics epics/epics-base  --trace --prefix=$HOME/development/rtems/5-arm
> --host=arm-rtems5
> `
> The EPICS is building perfectly fine but the Buildset fails with the following
> error:
>
> `cleaning: epics-base-7.0-arm-rtems5-1
> error: copying tree (4):

/home/mritunjay/development/rtems/src/rsb/rtems/build/tmp/epics-base-7.0-arm-rtems5-1-1000
> ->

/home/mritunjay/development/rtems/src/rsb/rtems/build/tmp/sb-1000/epics/epics-base:
> [Errno 2] No such file or directory:

'/home/mritunjay/development/rtems/src/rsb/rtems/build/tmp/epics-base-7.0-arm-rtems5-1-1000'
> Build Set: Time 0:02:57.099708
> Build FAILED
> `
> I am not sure what it is and it was not encountered earlier?

You need to take a look at the log and the directories left after the build in
the build tree. The names used need to match up or the RSB will not be able to
find the installed tree to copy to the prefix.

Note, most packages support the `DESTDIR=` make option to `make install` to
control installing to a location that is not the specified prefix. The RSB does
this to stage packages that form part of a vertical stack.

Is there an EPICS install pass in the build?