[rtems-docs commit] c-user: Generate Timer Manager documentation

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Dec 15 16:38:50 UTC 2020

On 15/12/2020 17:26, Gedare Bloom wrote:

>     [...]
>
>     may change and may break. A release with the frozen code will
>     point to those
>     same pages for ever and that is broken no matter where the links
>     are, source,
>     comments or built and released documentation packages. The links
>     should either
>     refer to pages for that release, a link that we declare is stable
>     or no link but
>     a reference to chapter etc in a manual.
>
> +1
>
> We should version cross-doc links, just like internal doc links
> implicitly are versioned.
I just would like to emphasize that we are currently talking about links
in comments which do not show up in the generated documentation for the
user.

> How that gets done is the key question here.
>
> I don't mind adding more of the cross-doc links IF there is a plan in
> place to sweep all of them at once to fix the versioning. Without a
> plan to fix the links so they will work right when a release is cut,
> then I agree with Chris, because it is putting technical debt on him
> and the release process.

To which text should I change:

_AUTOMATICALLY_GENERATED_WARNING = [
     "This file is part of the RTEMS quality process and was automatically",
     "generated.  If you find something that needs to be fixed or",
     "worded better please post a report or patch to an RTEMS mailing list",
     "or raise a bug report:",
     "",
"https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/support/bugs.html",
     "",
     "For information on updating and regenerating please refer to:",
     "",
     "https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/eng/req/howto.html",
]

?