GCC Git Conversion Done

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Feb 5 06:12:26 UTC 2020

On 05/02/2020 00:18, Chris Johns wrote:

> On 5/2/20 12:13 am, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> it seems GCC finished the Git conversion:
>>
>> https://gcc.gnu.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=gcc.git;a=summary
>>
>> This means our GCC Git mirror refers to a deprecated Git repository.
> Is this the mirror on github?

GCC use Subversion up to recently. There was an official SVN to Git
mirror from GCC and we mirrored this SVN to Git mirror on github. This
repository is still there, but it is now deprecated:

https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GitMirror

After long discussions and a complicated conversion from SVN to GIT, GCC
uses now Git for further development. They use an entirely new Git
repository for this:

thttps://gcc.gnu.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=gcc.git;a=summary

> Does this mean any RSB reference in it's history breaks with the new repo?

Yes, in the new GCC repository is a completely new history.