rtems-examples hello no output devfs

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Feb 14 14:45:13 UTC 2020

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 7:08 AM Sebastian Huber <

> On 14/02/2020 13:57, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I haven't investigated or checked on other bsps but the xilinx qemu
> > bsp has no output with the hello world in examples. It uses the devfs.
> > Changing it to the default filesystem results in it working.
> >
> > I am suspicious of something with all the termios and new console
> > changes breaking it.
> The devfs works only with legacy IO drivers. The Termios drivers depend
> on IMFS. I would like to remove the devfs in the future. The IMFS is
> highly configurable, there is no need for an additional in-memory file
> system.

Do not remove it. Please fix it.

This filesystem is needed because some applications want no filesystem but
you require one for device nodes. Even the IMFS is subject to mallocs which
are undesired in the applications that this was supporting.

--joel