Multicast on libbsd and Qemu

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Feb 14 16:15:56 UTC 2020

Hi

I am trying to bring up the FACE example application on RTEMS. I am using
the
Zyng BSP on Qemu. I need some configuration advice on multicast both on how
to configure libbsd and qemu. The application has multiple components
running
on the Zynq which communicate via multicast UDP and some of that
traffic goes
to an external program.

When running on Linux, the network configuration commands are:

ifconfig lo multicast
route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev lo

I think those will easily translate to the FreeBSD equivalents but if
someone can
do that without the research I will require, please and thank you.

But the Qemu setup to multicast from the simulated target and have it show
up on the host is the magic I am really missing.

Help is really appreciated.  This would be a very nice thing to be able to
demonstrate.

Thanks.

--joel