Open Source Hackathon Mentorship Invitation

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Wed Feb 19 20:17:02 UTC 2020

Message sent on behalf of Misha Patel:
Hello,

My name is Misha Patel and I’m reaching out on behalf of the
HackIllinois Outreach team. HackIllinois is a 36-hour collegiate Open
Source hackathon that takes place annually at the University of
Illinois Urbana-Champaign. This year, it will be from February
28th-March 1st, 2020. Our mission is to introduce college students to
Open Source, while giving back to the community. We strive to create a
collaborative environment in which our attendees can learn from and
work with developers to make their own contributions. In past years,
we’ve had developers from prominent projects such as npm, Rust, and
Apache come to mentor students from our pool of 900+ attendees.

We’d love it if you could pass along this message to the RTEMS Project
community or any individuals you believe would be interested. We will
provide meals throughout the event and can reimburse for travel and
lodging up to a certain amount depending on where in the US people are
coming from. More information on mentorship can be found at
hackillinois.org/mentor. You can also visit
opensource.hackillinois.org to see what kinds of projects were
represented at our event last year.

Best,
Misha Patel
HackIllinois 2020 Outreach Director