Project query

John Millard jmillard at sprynet.com
Thu Feb 20 00:12:16 UTC 2020

Greetings:

I took Joel’s week-long class in June. I’m currently retired and looking for a project, but clearly not a GSoC guy. The default list of tickets is mostly old or currently assigned. The “open projects” page looks more relevant. I can buy hardware if somewhat reasonably priced. Having actual hardware would be somewhat preferred, even if qemu is amazing. I can do assembly (most familiar with Intel, but open to learning), low-level C down to the hardware, and have experience with OS level programming and drivers, serial and network transport, debuggers.

Is there some priority on the projects? They are all equal, but some are more equal than others. I can guess the scope on some of them.

Suggestions welcome.

John
—where there are tools, a will, and a will to build tools there is a way