SPDX License Identifier Only and Full Copy?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Feb 20 07:30:49 UTC 2020

Hello,

On 18/02/2020 16:58, Gedare Bloom wrote:

>>> It would be nice to get some feedback here.
>>
>> I'm generally ok with just the spdx and copyright statements.
>>
> I'm also fine with the master COPYING, spdx-tag, and individual
> copyrights in files.
>
> I should make a note to take a pass over "my" files to relicense them.
> Does anyone have any script/tools for making that easy?

I talked with Thomas and he is not in favour of a removal of the licence
text. Not everyone knows what an SPDX-Licence-Identifier is and that
this means the file is covered by the reference license. The
BSD-2-Clause license text is quite clear and not long. For us it is
important that it is very clear that our contributions are without
warranties and so on. This information should be also clear if files are
transferred out of the RTEMS context to other projects.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de