Device Tree Blob for Beaglebone Black?

Alan Cudmore alan.cudmore at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 16:07:05 UTC 2020

I have been trying to bring up RTEMS with rtems-libbsd on the
beaglebone black (latest master).

I can run the regular RTEMS samples on the board, and a couple of the
rtems-libbsd testsuite examples run as well.

The samples such as ping01 and usb01 get a fatal exception in the
function fdt_ro_probe_ , leading me to believe that maybe I am not
using the correct device tree blob.

I'm using the instructions here:
https://git.rtems.org/rtems-docs/tree/user/bsps/arm/beagle.rst

And I have am loading am335x-boneblack.dtb that I copied from a linux
u-boot build. The instructions talk about getting the one from the
FreeBSD repository, but there are many other files included in that
dts source.

What dtb is normally used for the Beaglebone black RTEMS libbsd testing?

Is the dtb needed for the non-libbsd BSP?

Also, is the ethernet supported on the RTEMS beagle BSP, or do I need
libbsd to get ethernet?

Thanks,
Alan