Pi Zero Automated Testing/TFTP/Uboot

Alan Cudmore alan.cudmore at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 16:37:33 UTC 2020

Unfortunately, The Raspberry Pi Zero (1.3) does not have a network
interface, it just has the MicroSD card and the interfaces exposed on the
40 Pin GPIO header. (SPI, I2C, GPIO, UART, etc)
The Raspberry Pi Zero W adds the Wi-Fi/bluetooth module that the RPi 3 has,
but I'm guessing that won't work with u-boot?

The Raspberry Pi Model B+ looks like it will be made until at least January
2022. It should be the same as the Pi Zero with the addition of the USB hub
that adds additional USB ports and the ethernet.
I think we are at the point where the "raspberrypi" BSP will run on all
single core models, so it may make sense for the reference system for the
"raspberrypi" BSP to continue to be the Model B+ so it can be used with
u-boot and TFTP.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/product_categories/raspberry-pi-boards/