GSOC: Adding FDT infrastructure to RTEMS

Niteesh gsnb.gn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 17:00:47 UTC 2020

I interested in adding FDT infrastructure similar to FreeBSD and Linux to
RTEMS as a GSOC project. I have very little knowledge of how all this works,
but I have started learning by digging into FreeBSD code, using online
forums and also thanks to Christian for patiently answering all my
questions.

My plan is to add a subsystem, which will parse the DTB file and initialize
all active
devices present in the system. It will ask for drivers that can handle the
devices and
the best driver is selected and attached to the driver.
As I told before, I have very little idea of the complexity, I have no idea
of what problems
I would face?

I will discuss what I have learned till now in a following mail, please
correct me if I
am wrong.

What do you guys think about this? what all should be implemented in a GSOC
timeline?
I know this is not very detailed, but I will create a more detailed
proposal based
on your comments soon.

Thank you,
Niteesh