RSB create report error

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Jul 2 09:26:26 UTC 2020

On 2/7/20 12:22 am, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 01/07/2020 11:30, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> the GDB error is:
>>
>> https://sourceware.org/pipermail/gdb/2020-July/048772.html
>>
>> This -fno-common default in GCC 10 can be also an issue for some RTEMS
>> BSPs.
>
> This seems to be a powerpc-specific issue. I was able to build the tools
> for arm and sparc:
>
> arm-rtems6-gnat --version
> GNAT 10.1.1 20200629 (RTEMS 6, RSB
> 8effa3e542c0a2ded4cc36fcd446aab834a6eb25, Newlib a97bdf1)
> Copyright (C) 1996-2020, Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
> There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
> PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
>
> sparc-rtems6-gnat --version
> GNAT 10.1.1 20200629 (RTEMS 6, RSB
> 8effa3e542c0a2ded4cc36fcd446aab834a6eb25, Newlib a97bdf1)
> Copyright (C) 1996-2020, Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
> There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
> PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Thanks. From the backtrace it looks like a unicode type issue and I
suppose you are using python3. The bulk of the report is from the log's
tail function and the type is a list of strings from `splitlines()` and
that can handle unicode strings. I think a decode() may be needed when
writing the file.