Beagle Board and -xM support

Christian Mauderer christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Thu Jul 2 14:47:33 UTC 2020

Hello,

when answering some questions for Niteeshs GSoC project I noted that the
beagleboardorig and beagleboardxm BSPs are really in no good shape.
Since quite a long time only the beaglebone has been maintained. I think
that only very basic stuff will work on the beagleboard if it works at all.

Is someone interested in these BSPs? Has someone tried to run a recent
RTEMS on one of these boards recently?

At least the following drivers will not work for beagleboard:
- I2C
- GPIO
- PWM
- most likely SPI

GPIO and PWM only implement stubs. I2C and SPI don't initialize the
clock / pins or do it (most likely) wrong. I2C is partially my fault: I
reworked that driver last year and printed an error for the
beagleboards. The previous driver would most likely have done thrown an
exception or would have done odd things because the clock initialization
didn't take the beagleboard chip into account at all.

Best regards

Christian
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Christian Mauderer