Benchmarking RTEMS on PPC vs ARM multicore

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Jul 20 20:03:30 UTC 2020

Hi Sebastian et al.,

I might get a chance to do some performance benchmarking of RTEMS on
multicore platforms in the near future. I'm looking at the possibility
to compare PPC and ARM boards that are roughly similar in capability.
I was hoping someone with a bit of domain expertise could help me to
avoid delving through RTEMS and spec sheets to figure out a good pair
of boards to buy ;)

On the PPC side, I think the T2080RDB will be a nice board. My options
however are:
EPT1020xS - E5500 - NXP QorIQ T1020
EPT1040xS - E5500 - NXP QorIQ T1040
T1042D4RDB - E5500 - NXP QorIQ T1040/T1042
XPedite5970 - E6500 - NXP QorIQ T2080
FORCE2 - E6500 - NXP QorIQT2081
SBC314 SBC - E6500 or E5500 - NXP QorIQ T2081/ T1042
T4240QD - SE6500 - NXP QorIQ T4240
T2080RDB - E6500 - NXP QorIQ T2080
68PPC2 - E6500 - NXP QorIQ T2080
MFCC-8558 - E6500 - NXP QorIQ T2080

Then I need to find a close match among these ARM boards. Any
advice/input would be appreciated!

ZCU102 -Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+
S32V234-EVB - NXP S32V234
67G6 - Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+