Strong APA Scheduler : First Draft

Andrew Butterfield Andrew.Butterfield at scss.tcd.ie
Thu Jul 23 14:58:58 UTC 2020

Hi Richi,

 a quick answer to 1 below

> On 23 Jul 2020, at 15:20, Richi Dubey <richidubey at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1)Both the algorithms require the use of a FIFO Queue to support the insert and dequeue operations.
>
> I believe we can use chains and use the chain_append() and combination of _Chain_Extract  and _Chain_First or just _Chain_First and node->next to achieve the FIFO requirements.

You might want to look at chain_get() - it removes the first element, so does a FIFO protocol in tandem with chain_append()

Regards,
  Andrew

Andrew Butterfield     Tel: +353-1-896-2517     Fax: +353-1-677-2204
Lero at TCD, Head of Software Foundations & Verification Research Group
School of Computer Science and Statistics,
Room G.39, O'Reilly Institute, Trinity College, University of Dublin
                         http://www.scss.tcd.ie/Andrew.Butterfield/