New Build System Status

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Jul 31 05:27:22 UTC 2020

Hello,

I did some more tests with the latest toolchain. The ARM fenv issues are
now fixed. I updated the build-2 branch to reference the latest master:

https://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems.git/log/?h=build-2

All BSPs build all tests with the following configurations:

1.

[arch/bsp]
RTEMS_NETWORKING = True
BUILD_TESTS = True

2.

[arch/bsp]
RTEMS_POSIX_API = True
BUILD_TESTS = True

The ./waf install works with all BSPs.

There will be definitely bugs in the new build system. The conversion of
the 473 BSP options was a partly a manual process. A common error could
be a wrong default value, e.g. 0 vs. false, 1 vs. true,
defined/undefined vs. 1/0. There may be also issues in some linker
command files.