GSoC and the RTEMS release

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Sun Jun 14 20:34:47 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020, 2:20 PM Christian Mauderer <oss at c-mauderer.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> with GSoC started now and the release still needing some time (*) we
> start to get a situation:
>
> Our GSoC students will add new features and add some files too. I don't
> assume that we want the new, experimental stuff in the release?

I think that's a safe assumption for most of the GSoC projects. Some of
Eshan's work should be considered for 5.2. Just bumping newlib in the rsb
will pick up his addition of fenv support for a number of architectures.

> Additional to that I think that we will have a switch to the new build
> system quite quick after the release. Should we start to guide our
> students to a branch with the new build system already?

I would tend to lean that way for most of the work. It would be ideal if we
could branch 5 soon though.

There is an issue where the BSP bsets do not build now. I suspect it is
because the configure time probes for methods in libbsd and maybe some
threading methods need the default configuration library included to
successfully link. I was starting to set up a set of test cases Friday but
ran out of time.