Operations and Directives in Classic API Guide

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Wed Jun 17 22:08:12 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 10:49 AM Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I go currently through the entire Classic API documentation. In the
> guide there are sections for Operations and Directives. This looks a bit
> duplicated. Should I move the content of the Operations into the
> Directives subsection and then delete the Operations section?

Probably Joel needs to weigh in on this one. But, I think the
Operations part is trying to explain some of the interactions/common
case uses of each manager, while the Directives is the detailed API
documentation.  So, the operations section includes some things that
may require multiple directives.  If you try to merge them, I think
you have to make some choices about how you place these "shared"
operation narratives.