Command line for Qemu and libbsd for pc386

Gabriel.Moyano at dlr.de Gabriel.Moyano at dlr.de
Thu Jun 25 06:12:31 UTC 2020

Hi Joel,

Before running qemu, some qtabs should be created. How to do that it is described on file libbsd.txt (line 333). Then I usually run qemu as follows:

qemu-system-i386 -append --console=/dev/com1 -no-reboot -serial stdio -monitor none -nographic -netdev tap,ifname=qtap1,script=no,downscript=no,id=n1 –device e1000,netdev=n1,mac=52:55:00:d1:55:01 -kernel path/to/exe/file

Please note that if you are running two instances, the second one should have different MAC address and  ifname, e.g. mac=52:55:00:d1:55:02 and ifname=qtab2

If hope this helps.

Cheers,
Gabriel