Update sphinx_rtd_theme to 68a19ca / 0.4.3.dev0.

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Mar 2 21:01:31 UTC 2020

On 3/3/20 2:43 am, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 1, 2020 at 5:16 PM Amar Takhar <amar at rtems.org> wrote:
>> On 2020-03-02 09:41 +1100, Chris Johns wrote:
>>>
>>> <sigh> I have managed to hack around the issue with the following command ...
>>>
>>>  pip install sphinxcontrib-bibtex==0.4.1
>>>
>>> I am waiting for the build to be posted in the web server.

Is if up and working. Please make sure you refresh your browser if you have been
accessing the docs recently.

>> That sounds annoying sorry for the trouble.  I use Python 3.7 here and have for
>> a while.  I use Sphinx a few times a week building so I keep it very current as
>> I'm always looking forward to the little bug fixes and new features.
>>
>>> The sync.rtems.org box is running FreeBSD 10 and Amar and I cannot update this
>>> box with a lot of unfunded work and we both do not have this time available. In
>>> time things will stop working. We need financial support from the community and
>>> users to be able to fund such work. I have been attempting to get a donate page
>>> online but I am sorry this still has not happened so if you would like to donate
>>> please send me Joel a private email with the details and we will attempt to get
>>> something happening. Thanks.
>>
> This is not the right email thread to be making these requests.

Thank you for responding.

The request may not appear to perfectly suite the issue however I had to resolve
a core issue normally only Amar and I see and I feel there needs to be a direct
public line between these types of issues and the state of the servers made when
they happen. I am wedged if I do not say anything. I feel we need to start
acting on this before we hit a critical issue and if I do not say something when
I see it no one else will know.

> Also,
> it is probably not the right mailing list to reach the best audience.

True. It is where the issue was being discussed. Please reach out if you have
other places. I would love a donate button on www.rtems.org.

After spending a number of hours hacking around for a solution it was clear to
me we have an issue. I am pleased I found a work around as I was concerned for a
period of time building the online docs may have to be offloaded to my hardware
in my office. Doing that helps no one.

> A funding request for RTEMS infrastructure should go out to users
> mailing list, after some discussion to coordinate the request among
> the maintainers.

Good point. I should clarify this. The money would be received by the RTEMS
Foundation and not individuals or companies and Joel has completed the hard work
in getting accounts established to receive funds so this can happen. Joel is the
only person I know of who can access the accounts. How any money is spent is
something to be discussed. Donations to a non-profit cannot be targeted.