Project for GSoC 2020

Utkarsh Rai utkarsh.rai60 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 03:04:48 UTC 2020

 Before specifying the interface I want to take your kind feedback on what
all things would need to be done in the interface.

 By looking into the MMU description of ARM and x86, according to me, the
implementation would have to be done in two levels-

1. The architecture-specific part, wherein I will have to initialize the
MMU(already implemented for ARM), TLB management and exception handling.
2. The generalization part, wherein I will need to manage the thread
stacks, their access permissions. Each stack should have a data structure
associated with it that has the permission flags, starting address and
other relevant information. For increased robustness of the thread stacks,
every time a context switch takes place we will have to set up the page
tables, TLBs to map the address of the executing thread as well as that of
the threads it has the permission to access.