What sanitizers preferred?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Mar 16 16:04:58 UTC 2020

On 15/03/2020 17:52, suyash singh wrote:

> Hello,
> Out of
> AddressSanitizer <http://clang.llvm.org/docs/AddressSanitizer.html>,
> ThreadSanitizer <http://clang.llvm.org/docs/ThreadSanitizer.html>,
> MemorySanitizer <http://clang.llvm.org/docs/MemorySanitizer.html>, and
> DataFlowSanitizer <http://clang.llvm.org/docs/DataFlowSanitizer.html>.
>
> Are all of them useful as RTEMS-tools to integrate? Any other
> sanitizers suggested?
>
> Asking as part of my proposed gsoc project,
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OerM8Iix7PbDUCyb_J_KEzcMgLbvdqxd4FnK_BqI7XI/edit?usp=sharing
I am not sure of these sanitizers can be used in RTEMS at all. We don't
have virtual memory. Firstly, it would be necessary to check for each
sanitizer if it uses virtual memory. If yes, then is this absolutely
necessary or just convenient? Also the sanitizers are not available on
all LLVM architectures. We have to evaluate if the
architectures-specific adoptions can be used in RTEMS.