Adding GDB BSPs to rtems-tester

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu Mar 19 18:13:09 UTC 2020

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 11:56 AM Niteesh G. S. <niteesh.gs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> While looking for small tasks to take up, Gedare mentioned about adding GDB BSPs
> to rtems-tester. Can some please explain a bit more of what has to be done? I guess
> we have to write configuration files for BSPs that support simulation in GDB. If so, how
> could I find those BSPs, do I have to individually look at all the BSPs?

As I said off-list, I don't know if there's a list of GDB BSPs, but I
know of at least:
powerpc/psim
mips/jmr3904
moxie/moxiesim
arm/gdbarmsim
sh/shsim

I have no idea what any of their statuses are or if they are expected
to work. The first step would be building them and see if they run
anything. After that, you should look at the existing tester scripts for
some targets:
  rtems-tools.git/tester/rtems/testing/bsps
I see scripts for most of what I listed above, so the next step would
be trying to run them via tester and see if it works.

BTW: Did I mention adding these to tester, or did I mention creating
build sets for them? Anyway, I think the GDB simulator builds by
default with the toolchain, so there is no difference between a BSP
buildset (such as for jmr3904) and one that supports running on GDB.
At least, I think so. It is worth verifying.

Gedare