Sources to port fenv.h to ARM and AARCH64

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Mar 20 20:02:32 UTC 2020

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 2:43 PM Eshan Dhawan <eshandhawan51 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> What would be the preferred source to port fenv.h to ARM and AARCH64
> its implementation is present in both FreeBSD as well AS NetBSD
> -> ARM
> ---FreeBSD Source
> # https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/tree/master/lib/msun/arm
> ---NetBSD Source
> # https://github.com/NetBSD/src/tree/trunk/lib/libm/arch/arm
>
> ->AARCH64
> ---FreeBSD Source
> # https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/tree/master/lib/msun/aarch64
> ---NetBSD Source
> # https://github.com/NetBSD/src/tree/trunk/lib/libm/arch/aarch64

Don't forget MUSL-C Library which has a lot of architectures and
is appropriately licensed.

https://git.musl-libc.org/cgit/musl/tree/src/fenv

I think our the order is going to be FreeBSD, NetBSD, then other places.

The code drops into newlib's libm in a particular way which may require
some refactoring. fenv.h is shared across all ports and machine/fenv.h is
where port code goes. There must be an architecture specific file for each
method. But the entire implementation could go in one file and the others
be stubs. The i386 does this.

--joel