Update POSIX compliance guide

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Sat Mar 21 18:01:02 UTC 2020

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020, 8:47 AM Eshan Dhawan <eshandhawan51 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> I went through the POSIX Compliance guide and it showed that
> wcsncasecmp_l () was not supported in wchar.h
> But when I checked newlib it had been implemented in libc/string
> so I think it needs to be updated in the docs.

Thanks for spotting this. I did a spot check and think there were a few
more wc* methods that were not in the spreadsheet. I am going to post a
patch in a bit.  Please check it.

Obviously, this is a csv file maintained externally in a spreadsheet. If
you put it in a spreadsheet, you can turn on data filtering based on the
top row. Then you can do "queries" to do things like filter down to what's
in a single header file. Or what's required in one standard but not in
another.

FWIW this turned into a bit of a rat hole. I tried to double check the
newlib git repo and the link on their website is wrong after the upgrade of
sourceware.org. Then checked gdb and it had the same issue. This resulted
in also reporting some leftover cleanup from the recent upgrade of
sourceware.org.