applying a patch

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Sun Mar 22 00:42:49 UTC 2020

Hi Eshan,

It can be tricky to apply a patch from an email. I used to have a
script to help for gmail, but it doesn't work anymore with Google's
"Insecure Apps" filtering. What you can do is, if you have the email
in your inbox, you can go to "Show Original" and then copy/paste the
content to a text file as a patch. From the mailing list link it may
also work to copy/paste the content between the "---" although I
haven't tried. Then use git-am with your patch file.

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 2:10 PM Eshan Dhawan <eshandhawan51 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks
>
> On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 1:31 AM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:
>>

>> On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 2:53 PM Eshan Dhawan <eshandhawan51 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everyone
>>> I tried to apply this patch but it fails.
>>> Since I have done this before so I might be doing something wrong.
>>> if you all could guide me
>>>
>>> patch : https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2020-March/058516.html
>>

>> Should be "git am PATCH" or "patch -p1 <PATCH"
>>
>> I will push it anyway,
>>>

>>> thanks
>>> eshan