Interrupt latency for PowerPC

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Mar 30 05:43:46 UTC 2020

Hello Siegfried,

On 27/03/2020 23:34, Siegfried Giebl wrote:
> I am looking for interrupt latency numbers for PowerPC architectures,
> if possible for e500v2.
> Looking at below postings, there is a mentioning of "TBD" microseconds
> as maximum period ... and a variable "na" to describe the value of MHz.
> Can you please share your experience ?

I would try to measure the interrupt latency with a test program which
covers your application scenarios. The e500v2 chips are moderately
complex and the timing depends on a lot of parameters (memory chips,
memory controller settings, cache utilization, bus utilization, use of
the 64-bit GPRs, etc.).