m2005 untar error on msys2 (tar01 directory)

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue May 5 15:37:09 UTC 2020

On 05/05/2020 12:38, Chris Johns wrote:

>>> They are different in a subtle way, they set different paths so you get a different set of native executables and DLLs in your path. Run:
>>>
>>>   `set | grep ^PATH`
>>>
>>> in each instance and compare. On top of that the mingw native tools are specifically named, something I completely agree with.
>>>
>>> MSYS2 is well thought out, the pacmac tools is great. Like cygwin a rolling release makes baselining for deployment or a product hard.
>> Yes, but should RTEMS build on all three shells? Which one is recommended?
> Ah ok, sorry I did not understand. We want the best executables we can get so this is MINGW64. The 64bit build should have the bests  performance. And we want native executables as the API interface is direct. If you want MSYS then use Cygwin. It is the fully featured parent project.

Ok, so I will focus my testing on the mingw64 shell only.

With the GDB build disabled I was able to build the tools for sparc. I
wanted to test if the tar01 test works on mingw64, however, it is
disabled by configure:

AM_CONDITIONAL(TARTESTS,test "$as_ln_s" = "ln -s" && test -n "$PAX" &&
test -n "$GZIP")

We had several discussions in this area. My point is still that the
RTEMS tests should not depend on host computer capabilities. I would
simply check in the archives which require extraordinary and super
sophisticated features like symbolic links.