Introduction of Priority_node structure (priority.h)

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue May 12 05:03:32 UTC 2020

Hello Heinz,

On 11/05/2020 10:54, Heinz Junkes wrote:
> The Priority_node structure was committed to the 4.10 branch of RTEMS in December
> 2017 (78b867e26d score: replace current and real priority with priority node).
>
> Do I have a possibility to know at  compile time (in our case  EPICS) if it is present or not.

unfortunately the RTEMS 10 release branch reports the same revision
number (__RTEMS_REVISION__) as the 4.10.2 release. Do you want to use
the branch? With a 4.10.3 release, the __RTEMS_REVISION__ would change to 3.

Independent of this, accessing internal data of the score always can
case problems. If a certain information is important for you, then it
would be better in the long run to add an API for this to RTEMS which is
documented and tested.

For example, pthread_getschedparam() returns the real priority.