[rtems/rsb]: Adding PTP support to RSB [GSoC 2020]

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed May 20 00:12:29 UTC 2020

On 20/5/20 5:57 am, Mritunjay Sharma wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 1:15 AM Vijay Kumar Banerjee <vijay at rtems.org
> <mailto:vijay at rtems.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 12:52 AM Mritunjay Sharma
>     <mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com <mailto:mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com>>
>     wrote:
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      > On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 10:09 PM Vijay Kumar Banerjee
>     <vijay at rtems.org <mailto:vijay at rtems.org>> wrote:
>      >>
>      >> On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 7:42 PM Mritunjay Sharma
>      >> <mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com
>     <mailto:mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>      >> >
>      >> > Hello everyone,
>      >> >
>      >> > Starting this thread to discuss and give a detail of my
>     progress in relation to
>      >> > my GSoC 2020 project "BSP Buildset for EPICS".
>      >> >
>      >> > It is to tell that I have worked on adding ptp2 support as
>     suggested by mentors
>      >> > The implementation that I found could work was ptp2 daemon and
>     so worked with
>      >> > it.
>      >> >
>      >> > I added these files:
>      >> > rsb/rtems/config/net/ptpd-2.3-1.cfg
>      >> > rsb/rtems/config/net/ptpd.bset
>      >> > rsb/source-builder/config/ptpd-2.1.cfg
>      >> >
>      >> > I am attaching the .diff file and the bug that I have
>     encountered in the
>      >> > respective txt file and will like the help of mentors in
>     trying to help me
>      >> > fix it.

I am seeing in the RSB log this ...

+ pwd
+
build_top=/home/mritunjay/development/rtems/rsb/rtems/build/ptpd-2.3.1-sparc-rtems5-1
+ test x86_64-linux-gnu != sparc-rtems5
+ test -z  -o sparc-rtems5 ==
/home/mritunjay/development/rtems/rsb/rtems/build/ptpd-2.3.1-sparc-rtems5-1/do-build:
102: test: sparc-rtems5: unexpected operator

Is there a shell script error here?

It is not clear to me why this error did not stop the build?

Please add --trace to the RSB command line. It does create lots of
output but it does help debug these things.

>      >> >
>      >> Hi Mritrynjay,
>      >>
>      >> The error your are facing is here:
>      >> ```
>      >> checking whether the C compiler works... no
>      >> configure: error: in
>      >>
>     `/home/mritunjay/development/rtems/rsb/rtems/build/ptpd-2.3.1-sparc-rtems5-1/build-cxc':
>      >> configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
>      >> ```
>      >> Looks like it's not able to find the CC properly. If I remember
>      >> correctly, you had a similar problem before. Do you remember how you
>      >> fixed that or what was missing?
>      >>
>      > Thank you so much for the help, Vijay. However, the thing that
>     was working last time is not
>      > helping me this time. I am attaching the config.log as well. Hope
>     it will help with debugging.
>
>     Thanks for the log files. From a quick look, there is one obvious
>     error, the linker can't find libbsd most probably because it is not
>     there. So, you need to remove the -lbsd option from ptpd-2-1.cfg file
>     LIBS value. Another thing to be noted is that there are a few errors
>     due to failed version checking of the sparc-rtems5-gcc, this can
>     probably ignored for now if removing the -lbsd option fixes your
>     issue.
>
> Thank you so much! Removing the lbsd from cfg file resloved the earlier
> compiler issue but now another error is coming up and it is somewhat
> like this:
>   "Makefile:502: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> '/home/mritunjay/development/rtems/rsb/rtems/build/ptpd-2.3.1-sparc-rtems5-1/build-cxc'

This looks like a Canadian Cross compile and this does not seem right.
It may be related to the shell script error above.