GSoC Coding Starts, Weekly IRC Meeting

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Sat May 30 21:38:31 UTC 2020

Hello GSoC Students (mentors, et al.),

TL;DR: Weekly Student Meeting will be at 0430 UTC on Wednesdays
starting this week.

Officially the coding period starts this coming Monday! Some students
have started their official work early due to their need to be
flexible this summer for exams. I've been seeing some great activity
on the mailing list, keep it up! I can see everyone is already
learning a lot.

I like to hold a weekly IRC meeting in a "Scrum Stand-up" Style for
all GSoC Students during the coding period. Each student takes about
5-10 minutes and presents their progress since last meeting, blockers,
and plans until next meeting. It will help if students prepare their
progress update/blockers ahead of time. We also keep track of these
notes on the Wiki Tracking Page. This meeting should complement
regular meetings with your primary mentor. I'm tentatively planning to
hold this meeting at 10:00 AM India Standard Time on Wednesdays. This
is 04:30 AM UTC. I chose this time because it should be convenient for
all the students, and my schedule these days is weird so 10:30 PM the
night before is somehow available.

Probably you know, but for the benefit of the community/posterity I
will also list the primary mentors here:
Eshan - Joel
Mritunjay - Chris (Heinz for EPICS)
Niteesh - Christian
Richi - Gedare
Utkarsh - Gedare

As you can see, I've taken on a heavier load this summer. I'll be
leaning a little bit on my co-mentors and the community to help keep
things going. So far so good (my personal thanks to Sebastian and
Hesham).

Thanks for tuning in,
Gedare