LibBSD PowerPC motorola_shared BSP PCI Support

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Nov 4 14:51:39 UTC 2020

On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 6:28 AM Heinz Junkes <junkes at fhi-berlin.mpg.de>
wrote:

> Hello, Chris,
> unfortunately it is not quite so simple. The Beatnik board uses
> for the Ethernet the Marvell Discovery II MV64360 (GT64360)
> and there two of the three built-in Ethernet controllers.
>
> Till Straumann has written a driver for it called "mve" and unfortunately
> it
> is not available in freebsd. Probably too rare or I did not search
> properly.

Yep. That's right. It is a custom driver for RTEMS as best I can tell. This
BSP and the mvme500 have the same challenge.

I've started another thread on the broader topic of BSPs needed by
the EPICS community and their path forward. I didn't want to hijack this one
since it needs to stay focused on this one board and technical.

--joel