Proposal for hardware configuration dependent performance limits

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Nov 16 06:40:19 UTC 2020

On 16/11/2020 00:33, Chris Johns wrote:

>>> "data" here means configuration?
>> Yes, hardware configuration.
> Why not make these values part of the BSP configuration? The defaults for the
> BSP can have a set of suitable values. Different boards have different
> configurations to match and a separate kernel build.

This doesn't work on BSPs which support configuration via a hardware
enumeration, boot loader settings, or device trees. Also changes in the
BSP options have no influence on the BSP name. Not only BSP
configuration influence performance, the CPU options play a role too,
for example RTEMS_SMP. In order to compare performance values over time
we have to obtain the values under the same conditions.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de