Need help debugging sp16.exe

Richi Dubey richidubey at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 15:46:37 UTC 2020

Hi Mr. Huber,

Thanks for checking in.

I suggested to enable your new scheduler implementation as the default
> to check if it is in line with the standard schedulers. I would first
> get some high level data. Select a BSP with good test results on a
> simulator (for example sparc/leon3 or arm/realview_pbx_a9_qemu). Run the
> tests and record the test data. Then enable the SMP EDF scheduler as the
> default, run the tests, record the data. Then enable your scheduler as
> the default, run the tests, record the data. Then get all tests which
> fail only with your scheduler.

Yes, this is something I've already done based on your previous suggestion.
I set SCHEDULER_STRONG_APA(the current RTEMS master's version) as the
default scheduler for both sp and SMP and ran the test (on both sparc/leon3
and arm/realview_pbx_a9_qemu). Then I set SCHEDULER_STRONG_APA(my version)
as the default scheduler for both sp and SMP and ran the test and compared
it with the master's strong apa result. The following (extra) tests failed:

 sp02.exe
 sp16.exe
 sp30.exe
 sp31.exe
 sp37.exe
 sp42.exe
 spfatal29.exe
 tm24.exe

Do a high level analysis of all failing

tests. Try to figure out a new scenario for the test smpstrongapa01.

Okay, I would look into this. This is a great suggestion, thanks!

Do all the development with RTEMS_DEBUG enabled!
> Add _Assert() stuff to your scheduler. Check pre- and post-conditions of
> all operations. Check invariants.

How do I check postconditions? Using _Assert() or by manually debugging
each function call?

On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 6:09 PM Sebastian Huber <