[rtems commit] posix: Fix pthread_spin_unlock()

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Oct 19 18:06:13 UTC 2020

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 11:11 AM Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> On 19/10/2020 18:53, Gedare Bloom wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 9:48 AM Sebastian Huber
> > <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>  wrote:

> >> It depends on the severity of the bug if I create tickets and back ports
> >> for this right now.
> > If we know the bug exists we should at least create tickets on the
> > open, affected branch(es).
> >
> > When we know how to fix it, we should also at least reference that as
> > well. This way someone else can make the fix easier if they need it.
>
> I thought this is the purpose of the "version" field?

https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2018-August/050685.html

The problem is that for example this ticket #4157 is closed. So how
does someone know the bug isn't fixed in 4.11 and 5?

It is a problem we face and why we end up duplicating all these
tickets in the first place. I don't know (if there is) a right answer.

-Gedare